Monday, June 29, 2009

It's about time . . .

Finally, I get the chance to curl up on the love seat with my laptop, a warm blanket, & the bearcatfeet blog. Sorry I abandoned writing for a week. It's been busy, and I'll attempt to play catchup.

Last week was a very long week at work. It wasn't physically tiring so much as it was emotionally exhausting. Satan was working last week to cause dissension among the daycare workers & on top of it there was a flood of bad news that came in about several good Christian people in our community. It was a very discouraging week for me, so I was relieved to see Friday come around.

I taught a class about scrapbooking to some teens at our local library Thursday afternoon. My sister heads up the teen program there, and she asked to me to help out. After that Josh & I headed home, and I spent the night resting from my week.

Friday was spent cleaning, because we had a shindig at the cabin on Saturday. Thursday comprised of laundry, dusting, dish washing, mail sorting, book sorting, vacuuming, & mopping. By that evening Jenny & Jud (Josh's sister & her husband) came up for the evening. Josh made a fantastic buttery spicy shrimp dish (I wouldn't know since I don't eat shrimp, but everyone else loved it), and I ate a peanut butter & jelly sandwich (Mmmm!). Jenny had brought some cheesy garlic mashed potatoes which were also very yummy. We stayed up late talking & enjoying fellowship together. I also made some Jello, Raspberry Sweet Tea, & Lemonade for the next day.

Saturday also held a little bit of cleaning before we started having friends arrive at noon. We had a great time & hung out all day. Here are some pictures:
As you can tell, we had a great time talking, laughing, & eating good food. It was Jared's 29th birthday and Jenny baked him a cake & decorated it. I helped by putting the JM initials & candles on it. In the picture of me, I'm wearing earrings that Josh's parents brought back for me from their recent vacation. I call them my "wind chimes" since they make noise when I move my head around.
Sunday was a pretty normal day, complete with good food at Mamaw's, a Sunday afternoon nap, & two great sermon's from the pastor. Today was a surprisingly quiet Monday, and I had the opportunity to go grab some chicken salad & pasta salad from Jenkins. Josh & I have enjoyed a night of watching Knight Rider, A-Team, & Magnum PI. He is always a wonderful husband, but he has been even nicer to me tonight by making me a chocolate milkshake & washing the dishes while I blog. After that he spent some time out on the front porch enjoying a cool, clear evening. I joined him and looked at the mountains for a while, listening to the chorus of birds outside, and then I went back inside to blog more. ;)
Keep our childcare in your prayers this week. I've been seeking wisdom on how to lead & how to help boost our low enrollment numbers. God has given me some ideas involving weekly encouragement for teachers & a daily prayer time in the sanctuary. I am hoping that through my going to Him in prayer & inviting the teachers to join me, then we'll grow together as a team.
I'm going to rest now before going to bed & starting it all over again.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the earrings!!!! I loved them before I saw that they were a gift. They really frame and highlight your face beautifully! Your pictures reflect the happiness of your guests. Friends are a bit of heaven on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely praying for you and the childcare! What a wonderful ministry it is! Maegan misses you and Miss Wendy. I hope that things will get better soon or at least get on the right track. Let me know if there is anything that I can do.
    Thinking and praying for you for often!

    ReplyDelete