Our 4th of July was filled with fun, fellowship & family. We started the day by sleeping in, one of my favorite past times. After that, we got up, packed a few things, and headed to Josh's parents where we me up with them, Jud & Jenny, & Mamaw. We all went on to the Dalton Red Lobster where Mary Jane (Josh's mom) treated us with some gift cards. I had a maple glazed chicken breast over wild rice pilaf, mashed potatoes, a side salad, & of course cheddar biscuits.
After that we headed back to his parents where we lounged around until evening festivities. Josh's former church has an annual 4th of July picnic & fireworks. We had a good time eating good food & talking with people he had grown up with. I helped to make the homemade ice cream (something I hadn't done before), and after dark we watched a great fireworks show. The church spends about $500 on fireworks, but since they have some connections, they get about $1000 worth. They definitely get a "bang" out of their buck.
Saturday night we stayed at his parents, and then got up to go to church the next day. Our church had a very unusual day in that we only had Sunday School & the 11:00 service. The church did a great job with the patriotic service, complete with speeches from Mayor Tom Rowland & State Representative Kevin Brooks.
As we came back to his parents to have lunch at Mamaw's, lo & behold! We saw our friend who is pictured below.

We called him Billy, even though that probably isn't his real name. He was the neighbor's escaped goat, and his petite body & beautiful blue eyes stole our hearts. His bleating was pretty cute too. Josh & I decided we want a goat, but we don't have the appropriate enclosures yet.The past two days have been fairly normal work days. Josh & I came home after work yesterday, and Josh was his usual great self -- He made dinner, washed the dishes, & gave me a back rub. Yes, I have a great husband. Tonight we went to the gym after work. The rest of the evening has involved Jeopardy, A-Team, Magnum PI, & now Emergency!.
My past few days have been fairly successful in starting to modify my diet. I limited myself to only one can of Coke Zero each day, and up until the cake & ice cream tonight (oops!) I had a great day filled with much water drinking & a salad and fruit for lunch at Jenkins. Yes, Bombay's are back! If you know Jenkins, and you enjoy their fruit salads in the summer, they are currently offering them.
I should probably go since it is close to bedtime. Hope your week is going well.
Great pictures of the adorable goat! Go, Josh, go in the wonderful husband department. Amanda - I am glad that God saved him for you!
ReplyDeleteI can't comment, my eyes keep drifting to the goat and getting distracted by cuteness. Tell it to escape again sometime when I'm there.
ReplyDelete