Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday morning

Well, so far my weekend of relaxation has started with an early morning call from the center, because of "crisis". Crisis being that we had a worker out, she had found a sub, but that sub was sick, and then that sub found a sub, but then that sub also ended up sick. One of my early morning supervisors called for advice, because my liaison in the childcare office also can't cover the room, because she is recovering from being sick and doesn't want to pass along her germs if she is still contagious.

Sensing a pattern here? Sickness. It feels like we haven't gotten a break from it this year, and probably most peculiar for me about it is that this year has probably been my healthiest year in a long time. Why? Because I went back to taking an allergy pill everyday. I'm not happy that I'm tethered to my prescription medication, but at least I'm not on antibiotics every other month, like I used to be.

So, anyway, here I am awake probably an hour or two before my usual sleep-in time (I am going to relish sleeping in because I know it won't happen with kids!). I fortunately went to bed about 10 PM last night, so waking up at 15 till 8 AM hasn't left me sleep deprived. I would have been woken up even earlier, but I do give myself a break on Friday, and I put my phone on silent until I'm ready to look at it.

Speaking of sickness, my poor husband is asleep in the bed. His cold had him coughing all night, and he is trying to rest up. It's a good thing he got on antibiotics at the start of this thing, because it has been rather rough for him. I'm still sporting some sinus drainage, so I see a hot cup of tea (with milk and sugar, of course!) in my near future.

I'll probably post Photo Friday in a little bit. I have slacked the past week or so, but I have been making up for it with lots of long posts. Information overload!

No comments:

Post a Comment