I had the opportunity to have lunch @ Oliver's with my mother & two friends who are both involved in missions. We had a great time in fellowship with one another, and we wished one well as she is preparing to leave for Ethiopia at the beginning of August. My other friend, who hosted a Bible study that I attended, is currently in on furlough from Barbados. All of them are wonderful Christian women, and I thoroughly enjoyed lunch.
My second blessing came on the ride home. It had been sunny, yet drizzly along the way, and this produced a beautiful rainbow. I was even happier that it was still there when we pulled up in the driveway, and I was able to capture it. God is wonderful to remind us that He keeps His promises. After spending part of my day talking to two women who have ventured into the unknown to spread the love and grace of God, the rainbow is a great reminder that God will keep His promises to us. It is something for me to keep in mind as I am currently seeking information about returning to school to educate myself further about early childhood (since that's my profession).
Have you ever searched the Bible for God's promises for you? They're pretty amazing. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Sometimes it just takes perspective when it comes to how your day goes. There's something about full moons & rainy days at the childcare. Today was cloudy, so there were several classes which seemed a lot more rambunctious than usual. We had several teachers out sick, recovering from being sick, or coming down with something. It was like pulling teeth to get substitutes. The phone rang off the hook, and I really didn't get as much as I needed to accomplished because of the above.But, when I focus on the positives of the day I forget the rest. Like one of the ladies said today, don't worry about tomorrow, and for that matter don't worry about yesterday. Just live for today. I'll add to that, and say, don't worry about today either.
On a much less serious note, Rainbow Connection has an especially funny memory for me. The nursery at the daycare has a CD that plays multiple instrumental songs, including Rainbow Connection. About a year ago, anytime I would enter the nursery, for some reason that song came on. It had to have happened 50 times (no kidding), no matter when I came in there. The song got stuck in my head so much, that I had to buy it off of iTunes just so I could learn the words.
Great post, Amanda!! Loved the beautiful pictures of the rainbow and your great reminder that God does indeed keep His promises! Had so much fun seeing you at lunch!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are beautiful. It is a rare treat to capture such excellent shots of rainbows. I agree that lunch was a sweet time of fellowship. Thank you for the compliment about us being wonderful Christian women!That "warmed my heart."
ReplyDelete