As I told Josh the other day, even though we won't have a lot of time home to enjoy them, and even though we have had to put them up really early, I really wanted to fully decorate the house for Christmastime because I have never really had the opportunity to do so.
I was one of those kids that as long as I can remember I always tried to decorate my room for Christmas. Naturally, when I got married, I planned to do the same with my house. Last year we were recovering from the wedding & honeymoon, and although we got some decorating done, much of our decorations ended up staying in Christmas totes.
The homemaker in me cried out for justice! So, this year the house is decorated, and I feel very satisfied with my accomplishments.
My birthday gift from Josh this year was handpicked by me on our last trip to Gatlinburg. I found it in Craftsman's Valley. It's a real leaf that's been coated with precious metals. I thought it was great, and now it's hanging on our tree.
Here's our Christmas Village at night. It's my first attempt ever at a Christmas Village, and I'm sure with years to come I'll get a little bit better at setup, and maybe our collection will grow some. Right now it looks a little bit like a blizzard has come to Christmastown.



Just like any southern town, there's a church on every corner! lol.
The tree.
The front of the cabin. Josh did a great job!


I've had the opportunity over the few nights we've been home to get pictures of the cats under the tree. Awwwww! Usually within a minute or two of me being on the floor with the camera the cat in the picture has walked over to get attention, which only allows me a few shots.Isis.
Homer.
Athena.
Homer.
Athena.
That's all I have for now. I have to go wash some dishes, take a shower, and head to bed. My Disney bags are packed & ready to go. We leave on Thursday evening after our families head back to Cleveland. My other bags are also packed so that when we head to Cleveland tomorrow we can stay in town a few nights before heading back up here.
Hope everyone has a great night! Remember to leave me feedback about what earrings to offer in a giveaway. And, if you didn't catch the post before this, make sure to check out what we've been up to!
Also, check out this blog http://muncksquiver.blogspot.com/ for another Christmas giveaway. The Muncks are great friends of mine, and I love reading about their lives! They've just recently taken a Disney trip. ;)
Absolutely gorgeous pictures! And I remember how much you have always loved Christmas. Do you remember in second grade when we went to the library in Gastonia - - no matter the season - - you would immediately go to the Christmas section to pick out Christmas books? You learned the Dewey Decimal system at a very young age!
ReplyDeleteWOW, Amanda you really out did yourself on the Christmas decorations....they are BEAUITFUL!!!! And the leaf ornament I love it, fall is my favorite time of year. Looks like ya'll are off to a wonderful Christmas. I hope you enjoy Disney and all the Christmas magic it has out right now...so much FUN!
ReplyDeleteNow on to the news...you WON the scrapbook! I can drop it off at your work or what ever works best for you :)