Friday, January 8, 2010

Think warm...

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! Read through to the bottom of the post to find out where this yummy goodness comes from!
Although I'm not wishing for spring yet, I am wishing for temperatures above freezing. I had time at "home" today since I'm off on Fridays, plus the center I would normally substitute at was closed today, and in addition I needed to get some studying done.

So part of my day today I decided to look through some Disney pictures to share with you.

This was from the very beginning of our trip to Disney back in November. This is the view from the Grand Floridian beach.
The entrance.
Me in front of their HUGE gingerbread house.
What's included in their gingerbread house.
Their Christmas tree in the lobby.
Pretty landscaping with poinsettas & white light deer.

A full view of the gingerbread house.
When we arrived in Disney the day after Thanksgiving, we headed straight to the Grand Floridian for our reservations at The Grand Floridian Cafe. We looked around for a while, and then we had a great lunch. Josh had the Cobb Salad - Diced Turkey, Bacon, Avocado, Bleu Cheese, Eggs, Chives and Tomatoes on Shredded Lettuce. I had the Grand Sandwich - Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws. Our food was delicious, and our sodas were quite yummy too. They had added some kind of fruit syrup, like cherry, to them, and I loved it. Here's a link to the lunch menu.

Afterwards we checked into the resort, which I'll post more pictures of another day. I posted a few a while back. That night we ate dinner at Tony's in Magic Kingdom.

Now that I've taken a trip through warm Florida memories, I focus again on the present. They announced today that Josh & I will have until the end of March before we get to be home every night. Although that makes me exceptionally sad because we will be away from our bed much longer, and our cats are going to be even lonelier, the very good news is that during my night classes this semester I will be living in Cleveland, and won't have far to drive home.

Classes start next Wednesday, and I'll have 9 hours of master's classes. I'll be taking School Law, Middle Grade Foundations, Assessment of Student Learning, & Technology in the Classroom. Honestly, I'm not overly excited about taking any of these classes, but I know they are very necessary, and I will definitely be soaking up lots of information.

I'm going to spend time with Josh now. We were supposed to get up early tomorrow to go to UTC for me to take a standardized test tomorrow, but it has been postponed for the weather. We're still planning on a trip to Chattanooga. We're going to PF Chang's for lunch, Sam's, Hollister (Josh needs cologne), Victoria's Secret, & possibly a Goodwill or Samaritan's Purse secondhand store. I think I'm most excited right now about The Great Wall of Chocolate. Thus, the picture at the beginning of the post. It's not my picture, but it does a great job of capturing the deliciousness that will be touching our lips & tastebuds tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I did not know the timeline had been extended that long but like you, I am glad you will be in town after the night classes. The cake looks delicious but two bites would be more than enough for me!
    Thanks for the beautiful pictures of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad you won't be home for good for a little longer. Glad your talked about your cats, Amanda and I were just talking about them on Sunday. We wondered how they were doing and if they were still at the cabin...I'm taking it as yes they are?!

    Hope school goes well, and I'm sure you'll do great! Loved the Florida pictures...wish we were there now ;)

    ReplyDelete