T-minus 13 days until the road home reopens, and I am hoping that a combination of a lighter course load at school this summer, and also the ability to do chores at home every night, might actually allow me more time for the blog. Right now my down time is taken up by homework, jewelry making, cleaning/organizing/packing, and sometimes just resting.
So, I'll take a moment in between weekend-at-home tasks to update you one what's been happening with us over the past few weeks.
We took the cats to the vet yesterday to get their annual vaccinations. About $90 later, we left with them "safe" for another year, and we also had an answer to the strangeness below.

Isis' ears have not always has a natural curve to them. About 2-3 months ago we noticed that they were starting to turn back. She is about 7 years old, and we attributed it to age, and possibly the cartilage breaking down. Unfortunately, we were wrong. It's skin cancer, but the EXTREMELY GOOD NEWS is that it is completely manageable. It's not bothering her, it's just on the tips, and it shouldn't spread....as long as we put strong sunscreen on her ears every day.So, one of our new daily routines in the morning will be to hold her down and lather her ears with sunscreen. Annoying, but fortunately she is our most docile cat, and so far she hasn't put up too much of a struggle. According to the vet, cats who spend a lot of time outdoors or who like to sleep in windows (such as Isis does) can risk an overexposure to the sun. You can't notice so much in the picture, but the outside tips of her ears are a pale pink with not much hair on them, so she has practically bare skin exposed. It's the earliest stage of skin cancer, and we can prevent it from doing anything else. Cats with advanced forms of this cancer will actually have the ears slowly eaten away. We won't let that happen to her.
In other news, the change in weather has me switching out my winter clothes for spring/summer clothes.
And, just so they wouldn't feel left out, here's the precious Athena, and the needy Homer (who wanted me to pet him instead of taking his picture for the blog).
And, just so they wouldn't feel left out, here's the precious Athena, and the needy Homer (who wanted me to pet him instead of taking his picture for the blog).
A couple of weekends back we took down the Christmas decorations. Yes, I said Christmas. But, we've been home so few days since Christmas that I had to wait until my homework load was light over Spring Break so that we could get it done.
On the same weekend we got a new coffee table. It is a refinished old factory push cart from Cleveland Chair. We think it goes great with our decor.
Back to this weekend, Josh has done a great job of feeding us. (I made the fries.)
Anybody watched Food Wars? Or Man vs Food? If you have, you might recognize the hamburger concoction.
We had a Juicy Lucy this weekend, made by my wonderful husband. It's two thin hamburger patties encompassing American cheese. So, when it's cooked, you bite into the hamburger and a molten cheese core erupts from inside. Absolutely delicious.
No pictures, but other news from this week have been mine & Josh's injuries. He hurt his back last weekend helping his Uncle Tommy move some furniture. And, I managed to fall not once, but twice this week. No, I'm not having dizzy or weak spells, I'm really just that clumsy. My right ankle has turned twice this week, and I now am wearing a brace until the muscles have recovered. Josh's back is doing better, but it is still bothering him some. I'm mostly recovered, but just watching my step. :)
Well, I've taken enough of a break from my weekend chores. Josh & I walked 5 laps down the driveway and back and around the house (to equal a little over a mile), and now I need to get back to that stack of clothes waiting to go into my dresser. We have some bread baking in the bread maker, and Josh is going to make a chicken alfredo rotini veggie dish in a little bit.
I hope you all enjoy your Easter weekend!
I love the new coffee table.
ReplyDeletePoor Isis. I hated hearing that.
ReplyDeleteLike Jenny, I, too, love the coffee table. When did you get it? Hooray for you both doing the laps on that driveway. That's a workout with that hill.