I'll hopefully allow myself more time this week to blog more, but I thought I'd make a quick post telling of my recent activities.
First, there's school. And then, there's more school. I have elementary school for the entire day now, and I have my master's classes two nights a week. When I'm not there, I'm trying to spend time with family and friends. And any time I have left is spent on a major cleaning out & cleaning up project in what we call the "spare" room of the house.
Today, I took full advantage of the BEAUTIFUL weather. After church this morning I cooked hamburgers (with much help from my husband because I'm still a novice cook). I boiled eggs so that I can make deviled eggs later. Then, I got out into the garden. I've planted some garlic with hopes that it will still have enough dormacy time during the cold February (and probably March) months to then bloom as it gets warmer. I also repotted all the indoor plants because they were outgrowing their containers.
Now, I turn my thoughts back to the mess that is me sorting through things to get rid of. I'll take a break later to make some lesson plans for this week & do some reading for philosophy. I hope everyone has a great beginning to February.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Deviled eggs - - dill or sweet pickle? Sorting, cleaning, reorganizing - - - it all feels better when it is done but always takes longer than planned. What plants do you have in the house or what kind? Your father used the beautiful day to paint some more on the house. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend.
ReplyDeleteWe have Christmas Cactus & Wandering Jew Ivy.
ReplyDeleteBUSY...sounds all like a good busy! I hope school is going well, I'm sure it is. I know you have a great way with children and teaching.
ReplyDeleteToday was just beautiful, a great taste of spring...yet we have sometime before that comes to stay. Have a great week!
Laura