Sunday, July 29, 2012

2 weeks old

Today I'm two weeks old!


My accomplishments for the week:

1.  Last night (this morning) I lost my umbilical cord.  Mom noticed at a 2 AM diaper change, and she had to look around in my sleeper to see where it went.  Now I have a precious baby belly button.

2.  Today I'm back to my birth weight of 8 lb, 4 oz...when my belly is full.  I haven't been measured recently, but mom plans to see if I've gotten any longer.  I am quite gangly for my size, although I do have mom & dad's short legs.  (outfit from Aunt Kimmie)

3.  Today I officially christened mom during a diaper change.  She took too long trying to put some Vaseline on me, so I peed on her arm and the floor.  Daddy was very amused.

4.  I am quickly learning that my mother is a menace with a camera, and I'm going to have to tolerate her taking lots of pictures of me.  I do occasionally strike a pose though. 


 
(Daddy captured this one while Mommy was napping too.) 

Mommy got these the next day.  Favorites for sure.


Time for me to eat soon.  Mom is going to sneak a banana split first for energy.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the updates! He's so handsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Benjamin is cute as a button. :). Some helpful advice given to me with our boys - keep wash cloths by the changing table & cover him while you're doing a diaper change to avoid unwelcome sprays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when Benjamin does an update. It's very cute. So how much did he lose when he was in NICU? The good news is he is eating heartily now. I like Gloria's advice about the washcloths. I will put some of those in a close place for diaper changes. Yes, his dad would think it was funny. Typical guy.
    And Benjamin's mom is less of a camera menace than grandmothers will be.

    ReplyDelete