I will have to upload pictures soon, but in the meantime for those of you who follow this who don't get my text messages...Benjamin Thomas Holder has arrived!
Born Sunday, June 15th, at 4:21 PM. He weighed 8 lbs, 4 oz and was 20 inches long. I managed to stick to my birth plan and had a natural delivery. Long story short, Benjamin had respiratory distress at birth, and we've had a long week which included Benjamin spending 3 days in the NICU. Needless to say, 4 days later this new mom is sore but recovering, exceptionally exhausted, and it may be a while before to Have and to Holder has a flood of pictures of our son. I'll try to post one or two in the next day if at all possible.
Thank you for your prayers, and please keep praying for us as we try to rest and take care of Benjamin. I must say that my husband has been such a wonderful support to me both during the delivery, at the hospital, and now at home. As much as I love being a mom, I am enjoying just as much watching my husband become a dad. I feel so incredibly blessed to have God not only give me a beautiful baby boy who is now healthy, but also such a wonderful man who is showing his love to me in so many ways.
Please keep praying. Benjamin has some elevated Bilirubin numbers which are being monitored by the doctor. We are hoping that they have decreased tomorrow (4th day of life is usually when they are at their peak) so that we don't have to use special lights this weekend. We are hoping for the best. We let him have a few minutes in the sunlight today, and he's been eating and soiling diapers like a champ. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All three of you are amazing and I love you dearly! We, too, are proud of Joshua. He is a phenomenal support to you. I love seeing how proud he is of having a son. You did an incredible job during that delivery - - - more than I ever could have handled. And Benjamin - - - - is there a more precious, beautiful baby anywhere on earth? He will definitely receive an abundance of love from his entire family. I am so glad we live close by.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Amanda & Josh! Will pray for you guys & your new son. Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDelete