First, I'll catch you up on the end of last week. I brought my car in to the shop at Toyota for its 30,000 mile checkup. The cost: $315. It is severely annoying since we could have had the maintenance done cheaper with Josh's dad, who is a mechanic, but we are trying to bring it back to Toyota every once in a while to keep them from backing out of warranty things if something were to become an issue. Good / bad news we found out -- We're going to need new tires within the next 3 months. Good news because it's good to know when your tires are wearing out, and it is good that it is still a few months away. Bad news because it does cost lots of money to replace tires.
Besides the car, the rest of the week involved work, a trip to the gym, blackberry picking, & packing.
Here's picture of a beautiful sunset taken from the front porch of the cabin.
Here's the blackberries I picked. Now freezing in the deep freeze.
So why was I packing? Josh & I went to Ridgecrest this weekend, to a Sunday School conference. I don't have time right now to talk about how great the conference was, so I'll try to talk about it more later. I have learned lots, and I'll try to make a post about new ideas.After Ridgecrest ended this morning, Josh & I headed over to Biltmore. It was as grandiose as anticipated, and I put some pictures of the gardens, grounds, & statues below.









I'm sorry that this post is so rushed, if anything, you can can count it as a preview for a written blog to come. I'll try to let you know more about Biltmore as well. I also have some great pictures of flowers as well as the Biltmore Village McDonald's.









I'm sorry that this post is so rushed, if anything, you can can count it as a preview for a written blog to come. I'll try to let you know more about Biltmore as well. I also have some great pictures of flowers as well as the Biltmore Village McDonald's.Last but not least, one of my souvenirs. Not only do I like cats, but I thought the trivet looked a bit like Homer. ;)

The BEAUTY of that sunset is overwhelming - - almost to the point of tears.
ReplyDeleteLove the Biltmore! I just had to have new tires put on my car. SAM's had a pretty decent deal.
ReplyDeleteI want to see the Biltmore Mickey D's! :) Did it taste better than a normal one? Kinda like how I liked the ones in Japan better than here?
ReplyDelete