Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Name that landmark!



And for a bonus question, what looks different about this Polk County landmark than on a typical summer day?

More pictures to come later. I'm busy with housework & homework this evening. Plus, I've been printing off educational resources to use in my classroom one day. Check out this website for some great folder games. I was really excited when I came across it. They're free, and the site was started by a Christian homeschool mom.
Since I only have 1 1/2 weeks left at my current job, I have left cards out with contact information for me so that I can keep in touch with everyone. So, welcome to any new blog readers! :)

2 comments:

  1. The water level is down. Is that the correct answer? And are you all at the spot that was repaired last year after the rock slide?

    I can tell your heart is in teaching and making it fun. You are really excited about this coming school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on both accounts! We noticed that they had that part of the river/dam area drained for maintenance on the dam itself. We stopped to look around, take pictures of the dam, and take pictures of the rock slide area since it happens to be in the same spot.

    ReplyDelete