Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday

My morning began with sleeping in...very much anticipated & appreciated. I enjoy Saturdays for many reasons, with sleeping in being one of them. :)
Josh doesn't feel well today. The "allergies" that I had last week must have been a cold because Josh is sick today with the same symptoms. Bless his heart. He's felt crummy most of the day.
While the sun was on the other side of the house, I got out in the watermelon bed & did some weeding. I checked up on my watermelons.
Here's another emerging melon:
Here's the one from the other day...Coming along rather nicely. :)
After doing some weeding I set to planting. When Josh bought the 2 hanging tomato holders several weeks ago I started his tomato plant seedlings. We ended up with way too many so I took the rest of what was meant for this...
And planted them in the watermelon bed. It's an experiment to see if tomato plants do better in the evening sun on this side of the house instead of the morning sun on the other. His current tomato plants are quite puny looking, and we think it might not have enough sunlight.
So...
There are some bare spots where the watermelon plants have decided to grow the other way, so I'm taking advantage of that space to put the tomato plants. As you can see, I circled them to make it a little easier to see. We'll see what happens!
I'm going to go do some housework, homework, and play with my jewelry making. I don't plan to do much more outside today except walk to the mailbox & water the plants later. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that we are coming to visit in a couple of weeks and will get to see the gardens in person!
    So sorry about Josh. My co-worker has it, too. I am glad we left town last weekend and didn't catch it but am really glad we did not catch it before we left. It would have made our weekend way less fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete