Thursday, November 25, 2010

Something to be thankful for...

As with every year, I always have lots of things to be thankful for. I have a loving God, family, friends, and many blessings in my life.

This year our family is celebrating a little extra special joy in our lives. No, we're not proud parents yet (although I'm awfully ready...and still waiting until I'm finished with school and working full-time again. Sigh....Sigh...SIIIIGGGGGHHHH). But, you can now call me Aunt Amanda.

Jenny & Jud had their beautiful baby girl, Christianna, on Wednesday. She's a healthy 8 pounds 6 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. It was an arduous delivery for Jenny, having to be induced after her water broke, having hours of laboring, and finally having to have a c-section because Christianna's head and shoulders were just too big. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

I can happily say that baby, mom, and dad are now doing well. And for those of you who know, I am also over the stomach virus that developed for me, ironically, when Jenny went into labor. I didn't get to see Christianna the day she was delivered because I was letting myself be fever (and vomit) free for 24 hours. Being a newborn is hard enough without yucky germs.

So, introducing Christianna:

Here's the beautiful girl.
Josh's first time holding her.
My first time holding her.
She's a very good natured baby. As you can see, she likes me. lol.

And, if you hadn't been able to tell from the Black Friday ads, then you might have been able to tell from our beautiful Christmas cactus (Thanks mom!), that Christmas is right around the corner.
So, after the hospital visit, we headed back home to drag out the Christmas decorations. Our Thanksgiving dinner has been postponed until Saturday when the whole family (new addition included) can be out of the hospital. I look forward to seeing my new niece grow up! I'm so glad that she and Jenny made it through delivery safely. Thank you Lord for your many blessings this year!

3 comments:

  1. I like that you wore a shirt to color-coordinate with a girl-baby and the Christmas cactus! Yes, I agree she is one beautiful baby! I, too, am thankful that the labor, delivery, etc are over and they are both fine! Jenny & Jud will be good parents. . . . does Christianna have the Holder smile? Look at her "smiling" picture and look at Josh's. . . . or is it just my imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! We can't wait to see her too as soon as everyone gets over this yucky sickness. Wow and all that hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing Thanksgiving, hope your celebration on Saturday was filled with many memories and blessings!

    ReplyDelete