Monday, June 13, 2011

Home away from home

When we booked a Presidential Reserve room, we knew that it would be a nice place to stay. We weren't quite prepared for the spacious luxury that awaited us. The room was at least as big as our house with more pantry and closet space than we currently have. It was a one bedroom (versus the 2 we have at home).

Here is the king-sized bed.
The dining room table (which my husband thought it was funny for us to sit at opposite ends of while we ate meals).
The kitchen.
The living room.
And, a place to hold wine bottles, which my husband made good use of with my newly purchased Pook-A-Looz.
I made a walking tour video of our room so that we could share it with friends who also visit Bonnet Creek on occasion.

I mentioned it before, but this is a room that we would not normally stay at on vacation. I'll admit, it feels nice to go on vacation to place that is nicer than our own home (although I can't complain since I do live in a cabin in the mountains, and we have our own king-sized bed at home as well). Next time we probably won't be staying in the lap of luxury, but the regular rooms at our resort are also so comfy and cozy that we won't mind at all.

2 comments:

  1. Yes the presidential suite is amazing!!! We stayed in it (3bedroom) when we vacationed there in September. It was only for 3 nights, and was a gift from some very dear friends. A one time only thing, we felt like royalty! But I agree the rest of the resort, in a regular condo is wonderful! I'm so excited that your stay was so relaxing and fun!!!

    Oh and tell Josh I loved the new way to use the wine holder, very ingenious!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice. I could enjoy living there, too. You know I would trade that kitchen for mine any day of the week! We were working on our vacation plans this evening - - -but ours won't be quite as relaxing since we are going to try and see most everything in two and a half days! We will rest when we get home.

    ReplyDelete