Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wonderful week

I just spent the last week here...Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.I had probably one of the laziest, most indulgent weeks of my adult life spent mainly here...
And I spent this great vacation week with my wonderful husband, Joshua.
We were in sunny Florida, near Walt Disney World.
There are more pictures to come later, but for now I'll just give the quick recap. We ate out for five yummy meals, and then Josh cooked the rest of the meals in the room. We quickly realized after our first full day at the resort, which was also our first day we visited Disney, that we were both ready to truly vacation. So instead of going to the park for three more days as planned... We just didn't.

We enjoyed the luxuries of our Presidential Reserve room on the 17th floor (We had bonus points left over from where we originally got the timeshare). I watched television in the bedroom, colored pictures (that I will eventually laminate and use in a classroom one day), and spent time with my hubby. We went out on occasion to shop, eat at a dinner reservation, or spend time in one of the many pools (or lazy rivers, or hot tubs...). It was wonderful. I really enjoyed the rest.

I was sad to see the end of our restful week, but I also enjoyed coming home again. Today we had the opportunity to go to a family reunion (up in our neck of the woods) for Josh's mom's side of the family. Afterwards Josh's parents, Mamaw, Jenny, & Christianna all came over to the cabin for a few hours. I got to spend time with them in fellowship, and I also got to spend time with my beautiful niece. Look how big she's getting! She is almost 7 months old. She is so adorable.
And speaking of big, I also have noticed how big I am getting. I have reached that point where I am very unhappy with my weight. I have had those great moments where I have looked at pictures of myself lately, and I say, "WHOA! Am I really that big?" So, I will be trying to make some lifestyle changes to help take a few of those extra pounds off. I am not joining Weight Watchers, like my mother, who I wish luck to as well. I walked this evening, and I am going to try to continue exercising this week. I'm going to try to keep a food journal to monitor my eating, try not to eat quite so late, and try to follow some general guidelines from my last successful weight loss endeavor.

Hoping to be a success! With that said, I'm going to go finish a few things this evening. I have more Bonnet Creek pictures to share later. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, that sounds like our last vacation at Bonnet Creek ....relaxing, and truly our best vacation ever. What better place than there to relax?!? I'm so happy you were able to take it easy, I know you have been hard at work with school and just plain old life:) I look forward to seeing more pictures.

    Weight loss, I'm with you on that one! Hoping you and Miss Lynda find success on the weight loss road.

    Oh and by the way we are counting down our days until our next trip to Bonnet Creek, October 1.....cannot come soon enough for me:)
    Have a great week!!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have vacation to just rest! Good luck with the diet and exercising--it's difficult but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Our" baby girl is getting more beautiful each day. I will get to see her Sunday, too. We are so glad you and Joshua got to rest. You needed it after the year of classes at Lee and interning in Kindergarten all year. You don't need to rejoin WW because you have done it before and know what to do. This week is going to be difficult to incorporate lifestyle changes due to three scheduled activities - - - scheduled around meals!
    The picture of the sunset and palm trees - - - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete