Monday, August 15, 2011

Cute craft

The lion puppet pictured above came from one of the kits pictured below.
I found them at Hobby Lobby the other day, and I thought that they were just too cute. They are super simple to make. The felt (hand-sized) puppets come with pre-punched holes that you "sew" with the floss & needle provided. As you can tell from the lion, I went with a slightly different stitch than pictured. I thought it might hold up better. I then took the pre-cut pieces & glued them on with tacky glue and let them sit over night.

Honestly, crafty people, such as myself, could probably look at the pictures and make their own patterns for felt, but for only $4.99 for four puppets, and all of the patterning, cutting, and hole punching work already done for me, I really didn't mind paying the price. Also, if you use one of the 40% coupons found online most weeks, then you could get it cheaper if it is not already on sale. I plan to use mine in a dramatic play center one day or for story sacks.

So, for those of you reading my blog who have small children. This might be a craft you would like! ;)

3 comments:

  1. we do love the crafts in the mcleod house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very economical and cute...but not as cute as you!
    Love,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute indeed. Do come over and see my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete