Monday, September 12, 2011

It's Monday.

Every had one of those moments where you suddenly come to terms with all the things in your life that you can't control...and you freak out....and then you think of all the things that you can can control, but you feel defeated from all the things that you can't control...so you freak out again?

I do believe this is where faith in God comes in (and lots of prayer). After all, if I wasn't faced with the realization that I am utterly unable to concur life on my own, then why would I need to rest in the arms of my Creator?

Has anyone noticed that it's only Monday? Oh Lord, give me strength for tomorrow...and the day after that...and all the days following. Praying you all have a blessed week, and that we all find comfort in the arms of our Father in heaven.

Keep me in prayer, my list of requests grows longer....

My job (still waiting)
My health (waiting on blood work about my thyroid and insulin levels)
My role as a leader in ministry
My mess -- i.e. our home -- Which has grown in clutter to the point that I'm so overwhelmed by it, I can't figure out what to do about it.
My emotions (stress + PMS + a week full of getting up at 5:30 AM = ROLLER COASTER)

Tonight I will take the time to count my blessings before I go to sleep. After all, they do far outweigh my worries.

2 comments:

  1. Count 'em up!!! Say them out loud! You'll feel so much better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember you can only do one task at a time. Try not to think of anything else in the meantime. Also, do first what needs to be done for tomorrow to be successful - - - getting clothes ready, packing whatever, etc.
    At least you don't have to add homework to the list!

    ReplyDelete