Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby Shower #1 continued

Here's a few more pictures from our shower. It was held at the church where Josh formerly youth pastored.

There was a rubber ducky theme, complete with yummy punch.
If you notice, the cake says, "Welcome Benjamin Thomas Holder."
I made Josh pose for a few shots, including a humorous one. He's a good sport. I found it adorable that he ended up coordinating outfits me, which was completely unintentional on his part.
Have I really gotten this big already? I still have 14 1/2 weeks to go. I noticed this evening that I can no longer suck my tummy in. It is growing firmer every day. I'm so glad that little Benjamin is growing!
Sweet little Christianna. ;)
We had a great shower, and we're thankful to the ladies who helped host. Josh's family helped a lot along with a church member who is close to the family.

I'll have to detail items received a little more later. I can say that our crib & mattress has been purchased as well as our playard (which will also double as the bassinet beside the bed). We have a high chair ordered for us that we should receive in the next few weeks. Overall we were highly blessed with this shower, and we feel even more blessed to realize that there are still several more coming from friends, family, and co-workers.

Hopefully our car seat, bases, and stroller will come along in one of our new few showers. Now that I know he has a place to sleep my focus is on having a way to transport our little bundle home safely!

I'm off to bed now. We are doing our required end of the year home visits for our class, and it is getting me out of bed about 15 - 30 minutes earlier than usual.

1 comment:

  1. The shower was great and we felt honored to be included in it. Love the pic of C in the bag. I am still amazed that she was able to keep going. It was obvious she was very tired but determined to NOT miss out on any of the action. And as tired as she was, she stayed good natured the entire time!

    ReplyDelete