Thursday, April 19, 2012

New arrivals

New arrivals in the garden, that is.

I planted some lupine seed last year in our back bed, knowing that it would take a full year to mature & bloom.

I'm happy to see how beautiful they are becoming.


Our lilies have returned, thankfully, and they have multiplied much more than we had expected. We are patiently waiting for buds & blossoms. Any ideas on when it is safe to transplant lilies to other locations if needed? I'm wondering the same for tulips.
Josh's Papaw has been working on a project of his own. With our permission & that of Josh's aunt who has adjacent land to ours, Papaw is putting up a cattle fence. He plans to put about 20 head of cattle on the sloping acres in "front" of our house. (in front of our front porch, but really to the right of our driveway which runs in front of the house, if that makes any sense). The part of the house that faces the road, where we have our "front" beds is actually to the left of the front porch.

I just finished spreading Black-Eyed Susan, Blanketflower, Marigold, and Wildflower seed. We'll see if half an hour on a spring afternoon with yield much result with our front flower beds. I'll leave those hours of weeding our garden and back beds for another day. I have too much indoor housework to do in preparation for Benjamin. I'm off to eat some dinner, and then I'll focus my attention to housework. Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment