Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Monday

As seen in this picture posted a few days before, Benjamin played outside again on the Monday of Spring Break.  He's sporting a shirt from one of our $5 grab bags at the thrift store that Saturday.


As he was playing and I was nearby I heard Benjamin talking to someone.  I came around the side of the house to find Athena resting in her sunbeam.



We took a trip down the driveway to get the mail.





That day also brought about this finish of my project...

Benjamin's Easter Basket!




It turned out great.  I'm going to post a little more about it and the tutorial I followed on my other blog (at some other time).

I also used another tutorial to make Benjamin a Mickey hooded towel.  

He wouldn't pose.


I had to model.
 

Mickey helped me too.


Benjamin was tired and ready for bed.


I have decided that I need to go back and tweak the ears some to make them less "Shrek-ish"  I may fix the box pleat in the back to make the hood not as pointy too.  Time will only tell.

That's all for now!  I hope everyone is having a great week.




1 comment:

  1. He looks sooooo tall in those last two pics climbing the driveway. Your sewing projects turned out great. You are a natural at that creative stuff. Not everyone can take an idea from a picture and bring it to 3-D fulfillment.

    ReplyDelete