Josh's sinuses have been draining a bit today, and coupled with a long day at work and then late church activities, he went to bed early. I have been cooking him bacon (in the oven on stoneware) so that he has something to eat for breakfast tomorrow morning. I boiled some eggs as I went and munched on my toast. The dishes in the sink will have to wait until tomorrow.
Yesterday ended with Josh & me going to the gym to lift some weights. After doing that we came home, and he proceeded to spray the yard to kill weeds around the house & also on the driveway where we will hopefully be getting new gravel spread within the next few months. I stayed inside and made him dinner. We had rotini with spaghetti sauce & garlic bread. Our weekday night ritual of watching Knight Rider, A-Team, & Magnum Pi on the RTN Network was the highlight of the evening.
Today has been a relatively uneventful day, with me working on VBS preparations & trying to make sense of the mess on my desk. Tonight for our Wednesday night activity I taught the children how God made everything beautiful. Our theme for June follows "All things bright & beautiful, All things great and small." Next week we take a break because of VBS, and then the week after we will be talking about big and little things. Tonight for our beautiful things that God made, we made hand print butterflies which turned out to be adorable. Afterwards during childcare during choir practice I was a jumping kangaroo, a roaring fire breathing dragon (who got slayed on multiple occasions, but then taped back together so that I could rampage some more), and entertainment for the infant in the room who Ms. Carolyn held as they watched on. The kids were quite rambunctious tonight but fortunately I had energy to deal with it for a while. After imaginative play we danced around twirling ribbons and started an all percussion band with bongo drums and drumsticks. Even Josh had fun creating rhythms. My drummer boy.
I think Isis (one of our three cats--the other two are Athena & Homer) is trying to tell me to come to bed. She has stretched her body across my arms, started kneading me, has begun purring quite loudly, and is now blocking my view of the screen. She is needy & quite a nuisance at the moment. She disapproves that I did not share my milk with her as well. I think she is my signal to go to bed. I don't want to be tired for work tomorrow. I have way too much to do.
Hope your day is blessed!

(Isis)

Good preschool theme. Where did you find it or did you create it?
ReplyDeleteEvery time I read or hear "bad to the bone," I think of the song. haha. Nice entry. =)
ReplyDelete