I have been very excited as I have watched the wild blackberry bushes on our property bloom & then start producing berries. They're not quite there, but they are getting closer to ripeness every day. I decided to go take some pictures. Once the blackberries have ripened, I'm going to bring the berries and the pictures in to the center to show the kids.


As I was walking down the driveway (barefoot of course) to look at the berries & different wildflowers on the property, Athena began to follow me, meowing incessantly as she tagged along. In Athena language, she was saying "Love me! Pet me! Love me! Pet me!"
I veered off to start walking up a hill towards a tree on Aunt Jane's property, and I stopped to take a picture of some Queen Anne's Lace. I've been told to watch out for these because they can have chiggers all over them.
Suddenly, Athena spotted something on the horizon. What is it girl?

I gazed back towards the house at the area where Athena was staring intently. What's that speck in the distance?

Why, it's Isis! She came to join us.
Oh, happy renuion!
In other news, Papaw & Effie's pony had a baby pony this morning. We went down to see it.
The rest of our day has been filled with laundry, yard work, & dinner. Josh has done a fantastic job of preparing the property to have some gravel dumped on the driveway Monday morning. He has also gotten some areas prepped for seeding grass. He picked up a 50 pound bag of Kentucky Fescue to put down in the areas that need some grass.Our dinner was a baked concoction of pasta shells, cheesy Ragu, hamburger, & sharp cheddar. It was delicious. Now Josh is putting some Disney pins in our book, I'm blogging, and then I'm going to do some VBS prep work.
I'd better get going before the day runs out. It's already flown by. Hope you've had a great Saturday.
The pony is too cute - - as are the cats. What a wonderful day in your neighborhood for the two of you - - - relaxing & productive & happy-sounding.
ReplyDeleteThree random comments.
ReplyDelete1) Seeing your berries reminded me that you'd probably like this recipe.
2) Aww, kitties...
3) That's a big pony!
I too loved your day, and the pony!!! Happy to have your blog to read...pray your VBS goes well :)
ReplyDeleteMaegan loved the picture of the pony and the cats! Hope VBS goes well this week. I wish Mae was old enough to go! :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks so beautiful where you live. Can't wait to visit. Have to agree...the ponies are pretty cute. =)
ReplyDelete