Monday, June 15, 2009

The Busiest Monday of the Year

Well, it was the first day of VBS, and I lived to blog about it. I am curled up in a fuzzy brown blanket, tired feet propped up in the recliner, and I am typing away on my laptop with thoughts of bedtime dancing in my head.

We had a great first day of VBS, and after I stopped running around getting supplies, setting up snack/rec, gathering attendance, distributing more supplies, and staring blankly around me as I tried to remember the next thing I had to do, I had the opportunity to enjoy a few moments of it. Being director can be quite hectic at times. I am very blessed to have very talented teachers this year. My favorite thing of the day was the teacher's lounge with its yummy yummy homemade food.

After I got home, I took the time to do some yoga before Josh got home. Josh & I drove separately today so that he could stay home this morning for some gravel to be delivered. I wasn't the biggest fan of Fat Burning Yoga; I much more appreciate the Joy of Yoga section of the DVD. As soon as Josh got home he set to work spreading some of the gravel out. I helped out a bit by picking up some trash from some freshly tilled dirt (Josh's grandfather brought his tractor up and tore out some brush & brambles for us).

I quickly got distracted, and I took the time for some photo ops.

Freshly tilled dirt. Eventually more grass/yard. It was a bunch of briers & weeds before Papaw's tractor.
Fresh gravel at the base of the driveway.
Gravel around the back of the house. Now we won't track mud in!
Strange bulb plant. What is this?
Beautiful mountain view. (minus the power lines)Creepy bug who was kind enough to pose for the camera while perched on some Queen Anne's Lace. Any idea what kind of bug he is? Strange fellow.Wildflowers I came across while I took a small adventure exploring some of our 9 acres.After picture taking I came in to shower & "make" dinner. Our dinner tonight was a delicious California Pizza Kitchen thin crust freezer pizza. Ham & Swiss with caramelized onions. Yummy. I could have done without the onions though.
Unfortunately, that's all I have time for tonight. Josh has already headed to bed. His head cold mixed with sore muscles from raking gravel for almost two hours have exhausted him. I don't look forward to sore yoga muscles tomorrow, but boy did I get a good workout between that & walking around the property. I must go get a good night's rest too, for tomorrow is another VBS day!

No comments:

Post a Comment