Friday, August 5, 2011

A touch of domesticity

I've had some free time since I am out of school but not yet employed. So, I've had the chance to do some house wifely duties.

I baked. This is from a Cinnamon Swirl coffee cake mix from Aldi. Josh went to pick another mix up today to replace the one I used, and they didn't have it. Oh, bother. :( It was quite yummy. Guess I'll have to do the next one from scratch. I have a recipe I want to try anyway.
I cut flowers from our garden & made a bouquet.


And I've tended to our garden. I still have some weeding to do. I must say, the cherry tomatoes have some exceptionally well in Topsy Turvy holders that hand from our front porch. As long as I keep them watered & high winds stay at bay they do quite well.
This will be my last post of the night. I would have posted much sooner but our internet went down for several hours. Fortunately, it is back up & running. :)

I have a potential pre-k job in the works, so hopefully I'll be able to share about it next week. For now, please keep praying for God's timing and that whatever falls in to place will be within His will.

1 comment:

  1. Can the cherry tomatoes be put in the blender and then the juice frozen to cook into soups this winter? Just a thought.
    I LOVE the flowers. I pray your flower beds are abundant next year, too.
    Praise God for your break so you can be a domestic goddess for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete