Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!

It's a bad sign when after creating a blog, I have writer's block for two days, and then have no time to write in it for the five days after that. Finally, Amanda can start her blog!I can't promise to write daily, but I'll try to be disciplined enough to write bi-weekly. I have always enjoyed writing things for friends & family to read, and I would like to continue.

So what's new with me? Well, the questions I get most often from people I don't see too often are, "How's married life?" "Are you adjusting to married life?" "How do you handle your 45 minutes drive to work?"

Josh & I have thoroughly enjoyed our first half year of marriage. It is a true blessing that God led us to each other. We love being in each other's company, and we work together as a team to complete housework, stay on budget, and plan fun activities together. We also share in the drive to & from work. Not only is the river road beautiful, but it gives us more time together, so it's not a hardship to commute every day.

Besides that, life is going well for me. I've noticed some pounds creeping back post wedding, so I have started back eating consciously and exercising. I even broke out my Pilates yoga DVDs. I hadn't tried them before, and I was amazed that not only did I get a great workout, but I was very relaxed at the end. I spent the weekend hobbling about on sore legs, but at least I know it worked.

We are gearing up for VBS next week at the church. I have been making preparations, and it has been very busy at the daycare. It seems like the phone has been ringing all day. I really enjoy talking to parents & church members, but all the other calls with questions about rates, people trying to sell us things, and people wanting us to book picture days get to be monotonous and a little maddening after a while. Then there are the few people who come and talk and talk and talk and talk for over half an hour about nothing in particular even though I'm desperately trying to finish some work. I love to talk, and I really love taking time to catch up with parents at the center & teachers when I have the chance, but I might have to start shutting my door on occasion just so I can unbury myself from the mountain of things on my desk.

So, that's life right now. I'll try to post some pictures soon from our recent Disney World trip. I have to go through & sort out the good, the bad, & the ugly. I've got to go for now; hope your day is blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Why "bearcatfeet"?

    As you know, I've been exercising too lately. I've gotten a nice little collection of DVDs, though I want to expand my yoga ones. We should compare sometime. (Look into the stretching one if you're looking for a new one - I don't use it everyday but I do quite like it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Blog and am glad to read your writing again. You are very creative. It is easy reading as the words flow well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YaY Amanda! I'm so glad you started a blog. I love to read what you write. It's alway fun. haha. We must get together again soon! I had lots of fun chatting away and finaly meeting Josh. Have a great time blogging! =)

    P.S. I'm not busy but I just don't blog much. I guess it's because I have a journal. hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete