Saturday, November 7, 2009

What have I been up to?

It's late, as usual. Josh & I have been extremely busy the past few weeks either doing things at home or staying late in town. Here's some pictures of what we've been up to.

We have a new KING-SIZED bed! It's an upgrade from our queen, and quite huge, but we couldn't resist this one of a kind frame. We plan to expand the cabin a few years down the road, and then we'll build a bigger bedroom to fit it.




If rearranging the bedroom to fit a bigger bed, shopping for a new mattress, arranging to have the frame delivered & assembled didn't take enough time...then there's my newest venture.
Turning these....
Into these...

Adore Creations Jewelry will be available for sale starting next week. I'll be charging $4 - $8 for earrings. So far I have about 40 made. The ones in the picture above just don't have their ear wires yet.

Why Adore? My middle name was Dorene before taking on my maiden name. So Amanda (A) and Dorene (dore), equal Adore.

Also purchased from the same man who made our bed, is our new porch swing.

The woodcrafter's name is Jeff, and I'm more than happy to pass on his contact information if anyone is interested in having him make you some furniture. Beautiful stuff, and quite reasonably priced.

Last but not least, we've been a little indulgent on candy & goofiness lately, so here's a few pictures from October.

Wacky Wednesday at work
We were "diaper inspectors" for a daycare at a murder mystery hosted by Josh's Sunday School co-teacher & her husband.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You are a diaper inspector everyday at work!!! haha.
    I LOVE your new furniture. The bed frame fits the decor of your cabin beautifully. Hopefully we will have good weather on Thanksgiving day so we can fight over the swing!
    Have you thought about putting your jewelry on consignment in town - - even at the restaurant where we ate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should order this while on Amazon.com. I'm getting it for Christmas myself.

    Homer's Odyssey

    ReplyDelete